Having zucchini applesauce muffins for breakfast is really appetizing, especially it the cake is considered as healthy. Everybody knows that one of the ways to make a healthy cake is by substituting the flour with oatmeal. By having oatmeal as the main ingredient, there is no need to worry about the nutrition. Now, just read the following zucchini muffins applesauce recipe.
Ingredients and Tools:
- 2 ½ cups of oats
- 1/3 cup of chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of applesauce
- 2 ½ cups of zucchini, peeled and shredded
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of honey
- An oven
- A bowl
- A muffin tin
- Preheat the oven to 325oF.
- Bake the oats until they turn brown.
- Stir them for four to six minutes and leave them to be in a room temperature.
- Take one tablespoon of oats and save it for later.
- Turn the other oats into flour textured by blending them in a food processor.
- Crack two eggs and put them on a bowl.
- Combine zucchini, honey, and applesauce with the eggs.
- Add salt, baking powder, cinnamon and vanilla extract to the zucchini applesauce muffins mixture.
- Mix them all and leave them for about 30 minutes to one hour.
- Layer the muffin tins with muffin papers.
- Scoop the mixture and put it on the muffin papers until it is 7/8 full.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips and oats zucchini applesauce oatmeal muffins.
- Bake them at 350oF for about 35 minutes.
- Take them out and serve them while they are warm.
This recipe contains no sugar, oil, and flour. Therefore, it can be guaranteed that this cake will be healthy for your breakfast. These zucchini applesauce muffins are perfect for those who doesn’t like something sweet. Even though it has honey and applesauce, the sweetness is not as strong as when the sugar is added there. However, if you like something sweet, don’t worry. Having mashed banana as the replacement for applesauce is suggested. In fact, banana is sweeter than the applesauce, so sweet cupcakes without sugar are still possible to be made.
Besides zucchini, other ingredients are potential to make these healthy cakes. One of the examples is a pumpkin. By adding it, your cake will taste like a pumpkin pie. In addition, having additional toppings is also suggested. Besides chocolate chips, nuts and cheese can be an alternative as well. Yes, this recipe is really flexible and lets anyone have many creations with this.
By using this recipe, 14 cups of cakes can be made. If you plan to make more cakes, just add more ingredients. This oatmeal cake is really moist in texture. It will be everybody’s favorite bites. So, do you plan to make zucchini applesauce muffins with oatmeal for your breakfast tomorrow?